Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Parents' 30th Anniversary

 

 

It isn't much, but my sister and I did what we could to commemorate our parents' milestone:

  1. Seared scallop salad with plums and toasted almonds over mixed herbs, light vinaigrette dressing.
  2. Brie and parsley stuffed mushrooms (thanks, Pioneer Woman!) 
  3. Roasted pork loin, yukon gold mashed potatoes, green bean and cherry tomato saute with toasted almonds (ok, yes, the same toasted almonds from the salad.  We let nothing go to waste.)
  4. Too pooped to whip out a dessert, so a cute cake instead.  

Fun fact: my sister bought everything from the local produce market and Trader Joe's, except for the scallops and the mini-Tiramisu.  I bought the dozen scallops and the cake at Whole Foods on my way home from work.  When we compared receipts, the damage was the same.

When I asked my dad what he learned in 30 years of marriage, he said:
I learned to be grateful-I have family, health, and wealth.
And I guess that's all that really matters.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful presentation, and awesome combos. lol im sure there is a french word for... like flow of tastes... symphony? looks great, and anyone would be/ and rightly should be incredibly appreciative to have such an epic meal for their 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I'm sure your parents really appreciated it! :]

    ReplyDelete